Would you like to be part of an organisation that cares for our residents and our employees? Join Anavo. We are looking for a Senior Care Assistant to join our team at Cochrane Care Home. Cochrane is a 65-bedded care home which offers residential care, nursing, and dementia care plus, respite and convalescent care. You will work as part of an experienced team who support our residents to maintain their dignity, independence and individuality.
• Supporting and assisting our residents, when required, with their personal care with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, as well as all other aspects of their daily living.
• Providing support to the Registered Nurses.
• Supervising Care Assistants.
• Assisting in the delivery of care for our residents at the end of their lives as well as those who have
• Observing care planning needs for our residents and complete daily updates to their care plans.
• Assisting in social activities by interacting with our residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities.
You will also be required to:
• Register with the relevant professional bodies.
• Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
• Complete mandatory training days and online courses.
• Participate in relevant SVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
Essential candidate criteria:
• SVQ3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
• Experience of providing high quality care within the Care Home environment.
• Understand care documentation and clinical assessment.
Why choose to work for us? We offer:
• Competitive salary.
• Support through SVQ qualifications.
• Free PVG check.
• Free uniform.
• Reward and Recognition Programme.
• Refer a Friend Scheme.
• Free library of online courses for continuous professional development.
Anavo Group is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of our residents and will take up relevant PVG checks as part of the recruitment process.
**This advert will close as soon as we have received a sufficient level of applications, please do not delay in applying.**
Back to careers