Would you like to be part of an organisation that cares for the residents and their employees? Join Anavo. We are looking for a Care Assistant to join our team at Burnside Care Home. Burnside is a 57-bedded care home which offers residential care, nursing, and dementia care plus, respite and convalescent care. You will work as part of an experienced team who support our residents to maintain their dignity, independence and individuality.
As a Care Assistant, you will be required to:
• Ensure the highest levels of care are maintained by supporting and assisting our residents, when required, for their personal care with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, as well as all other aspects of their daily living.
• Assist our residents who have limited mobility, making the best use of aids provided.
• Assist in the delivery of care for our residents at the end of their lives as well as those who have progressive illnesses.
• Observe care planning needs for our residents and complete daily updates to their care plans.
• Assist in social activities by interacting with our residents and helping them continue with hobbies and activities.
• Escort our residents to and from the Care Home for appointments.
You will also be required to:
• Register with the relevant professional bodies.
• Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
• Complete mandatory training days and online courses.
• Participate in relevant SVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
Why choose to work for us? We offer:
• Competitive salary.
• Support through SVQ qualifications.
• Free PVG check.
• Free uniform.
• Reward and Recognition Programme.
• Refer a Friend Scheme.
• Free library of online courses for continuous professional development.
Anavo Group is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of our residents and will take up relevant PVG checks as part of the recruitment process.
**This advert will close as soon as we have received a sufficient level of applications, please do not delay in applying **
Back to careers