Would you like to be part of an organisation that cares for their residents and their employees? Join Anavo.
· Travel to the following Care Homes – Newark Care Home (Port Glasgow), Spiers Care Home (Beith), Ranfurly Care Home (Johnstone) and Cochrane Care Home (Johnstone).
· Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required, providing for special dietary requirements and taking into account the preferences and cultures of residents.
· Liaise with the Home Manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods.
· Arrange/participate in staff and Client meetings as required.
· Maintain accurate records of food supplies and freezer/fridge temperatures.
· Ensure stock rotation. Order stocks and check deliveries, and check and value stock as required by the Home Manager
· Prepare rota for Kitchen staff.
· Participate in the recruitment process for hiring new team members.
· Supervise and instruct Kitchen staff in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures.
· Conduct basic food hygiene training for all staff involved in handling and delivery of food.
· Ensure statutory Health & Safety standards are followed in the kitchen and dining areas.
You will also be required to:
· Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
· Complete mandatory training days and online courses.
Essential candidate criteria:
· City & Guilds 706-1&2, or equivalent.
· Intermediate Food/Hygiene Certificate / Level 3 Food Safety.
· Full UK Driving License.
Why choose to work for us? We offer:
· Competitive salary.
· Free Disclosure check.
· Free uniform.
· Reward and Recognition Programme.
· Refer a Friend Scheme.
· Free library of online courses for continuous professional development.
Anavo Group is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of our residents and will take up relevant PVG checks as part of the recruitment process.
This advert will close as soon as we have received a sufficient level of applications, please don’t delay sending us your CV.
Back to careers